This morning as I was daydreaming and driving, I was only vaguely listening to the interview on the car radio. When suddenly I perked right up. The interviewee was saying:
"People who maintain a gratitude journal are healthier, more optimistic, and more likely to make progress toward achieving personal goals.
Studies report people are 25% happier and more energetic if they keep gratitude journals, have 20% less envy and resentment, sleep 10% longer each night and wake up 15% more refreshed, exercise 33% more and show a 10% drop in blood pressure compared to persons who do not."
Hey, that sounds pretty impressive! The fellow sure got my attention, (he had one of those soothing "you can trust me" kind of voices) and this was on 'respectable' CBC morning radio. Now I was all ears ... apparently all I had to do was to go to www.happyrambles.com and log on. But my first task was to remember the website, as my terrible memory gets worse by the day. So, I grabbed a scrap of paper from my purse and as I dangerously maneuvered the car through the fresh snow covered roads I scribbled the website address down. (Already knowing that my first gratitude for today would be that I hadn't slid off the road as I wrote and steered!)
If you try out this website, be careful not to type in happyramblers.com because up will pop pictures of happy motorcycles skidding through muddy fields (Don't ask me how I know!) The correct site certainly is minimalist, but now that I have registered, I will apparently get a reminder every evening into my IN box to list 3-5 things that I am grateful for. That's it, and after listing them I will become healthier, more optimistic, sleep better, etc. etc.
Hmmm, I wonder if they have to be 3-5 different things each night - do they reject you if you repeat?
No comments:
Post a Comment