Friday, 31 December 2010

Happy New Year!

It's new year's eve and I feel like a limp rag doll. How come some people can socialize all day every day and never get tired of it? Me, I need to pace myself, spread out social events, savour them, replay them in my mind over and over, relive the excitement and events. Not smack, bang, wallop, one right after another! Hey, give me a chance to breathe please! I guess that is why we are not great socializers ... takes too much energy!

But, family is different. Spending time with my grown children, their spouses, and my gorgeous grandchildren is the very BEST times ever.

Anyway, daughter has left, back to her life in Toronto, and sons have retreated to their respective busy lives of typical 30 somethings (way too busy, in my mind, but I'm only the mother and don't know anything.) This leaves Ray and I some space and time to finally be able to seriously plan for the big trip coming up in 18 days.

But, wait, I'd almost forgotten ... in an hour or two our rambunctious grand-puppy will be dropped off ("Thanks mum, really appreciate it, happy new year, see you Sunday!") - a 6 months old bundle of white Labrador energy! Then, in a week's time we move in with our grand kids and babysit them for a week ("Thanks mum, really appreciate it, what shall we bring you back from Hawaii?")

That will leave us 3 full days to seriously plan before we leave!! HELP!!

Oh well ... what would we do without our wonderful families?

Happy New Year Everyone!

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Happy New Year dear friend
From where I sit your socializing is priceless...puppies and grandkids and 3 days to pack !!!!!
for......I....N...D...I..A !!!!!!