Random thoughts written on the 7 hour car journey from Delhi to Nawalgarh, Rajasthan:
- seeing more sacred cows by the roadside as we move further from Delhi
- this morning at breakfast Sheikh Pervez commented that he loves chatting with his guests because no matter who we meet in life, be they high or low, they know something that you don't. (I like that philosophy.)
- he also said that the definition of happiness is "good health and a bad memory"
- when I mentioned that we are going to the guru Oso's meditation centre when in Pune he swooned - says he is "in love" with this man (took his wife to the centre for their honeymoon - she was not impressed as she does not meditate)
- I wish I could have spent more time chatting with him, he's quite a character
- taking photos in Delhi yesterday of women at a construction site wearing saris and carrying baskets of cement on their heads, I complimented them on their strength (in mime language) - they giggled ... the men scowled.
- many shanty slums on outskirts of towns we pass, every conceivable thing used to construct walls and roof - this must be the ultimate in recycling
- saddened by a young girl performing cartwheels for money amongst the cars at traffic lights in Delhi
- why did the tiny girl of 4 or 5 follow Ray in Delhi making kissing sounds?
- if this is India's winter, why do the trees still have leaves? Do they lose them like our conifers, a few at a time?
- small 3-wheeled taxi jammed overflowing with men - the ones hanging onto the back smile and wave as I take their photo, I worry they'll fall
- small carts pulled by huge camels become frequent as we enter Rajasthan
- as the terrain becomes more sandy and arid the women's saris become brighter
- I am starting to love this place ...
To be continued ...
- seeing more sacred cows by the roadside as we move further from Delhi
- this morning at breakfast Sheikh Pervez commented that he loves chatting with his guests because no matter who we meet in life, be they high or low, they know something that you don't. (I like that philosophy.)
- he also said that the definition of happiness is "good health and a bad memory"
- when I mentioned that we are going to the guru Oso's meditation centre when in Pune he swooned - says he is "in love" with this man (took his wife to the centre for their honeymoon - she was not impressed as she does not meditate)
- I wish I could have spent more time chatting with him, he's quite a character
- taking photos in Delhi yesterday of women at a construction site wearing saris and carrying baskets of cement on their heads, I complimented them on their strength (in mime language) - they giggled ... the men scowled.
- many shanty slums on outskirts of towns we pass, every conceivable thing used to construct walls and roof - this must be the ultimate in recycling
- saddened by a young girl performing cartwheels for money amongst the cars at traffic lights in Delhi
- why did the tiny girl of 4 or 5 follow Ray in Delhi making kissing sounds?
- if this is India's winter, why do the trees still have leaves? Do they lose them like our conifers, a few at a time?
- small 3-wheeled taxi jammed overflowing with men - the ones hanging onto the back smile and wave as I take their photo, I worry they'll fall
- small carts pulled by huge camels become frequent as we enter Rajasthan
- as the terrain becomes more sandy and arid the women's saris become brighter
- I am starting to love this place ...
To be continued ...
No comments:
Post a Comment