Thursday, 25 March 2010

The Importance of Walking ...

A good friend emailed me this because she knows of my new walking regime (I just returned from my 5km walk - I'm so proud of myself!) It's very funny and I simply had to share it here ... enjoy!


My grandpa started walking
five miles a day when he was 60.
Now he's 97 years old
and we don't know where the hell he is.

I like long walks,
especially when they are taken
by people who annoy me.

The only reason I would take up walking
is so that I could hear heavy breathing again.

I have to walk early in the morning,
before my brain figures out what I'm doing... (This is my favourite!)

I joined a health club last year,
spent about 400 bucks.
Haven't lost a pound.
Apparently you have to go there.

The advantage of exercising every day
is so when you die, they'll say,
'Well, she looks good doesn't she.'

If you are going to try cross-country skiing,
start with a small country.

We all get heavier as we get older,
because there's a lot more information in our heads.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

AND

Every time I start thinking too much
about how I look,
I just find a Happy Hour
and by the time I leave,
I look just fine.


Have a great day :-)

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

I love when someone can make me chuckle out loud when I'm alone.
You are the guru of turning frowns upside down.

Pauline said...

Thank you Cheryl ... it's my pleasure. Glad I made you smile :-)

MollyBee said...

You have inspired me. I am going back on my exercise regime. I do the tread mill for walking and then bicycle for 30 minutes in our complexes gym. Thanks for the inspiration.

Pauline said...

Wow, MollyBee, you are good!!! I'd like to say that the walking is so ingrained in me now that I can't go a day without it - but it's not!! It's still an effort to get out there, but thank goodness for friends who encourage us, right???

MollyBee said...

My daughter and I workout together. We are sticking to the treadmill. This is our second day and we walk a mile in 30 minutes on the treadmill. All I can say is....it's a good thing we don't have to walk back. LOL
We are going to stick with it. Good luck to you, too.