Thursday, 18 March 2010

Spring Resolution ...

It's time to get serious about my fitness level - never mind losing weight, that I've given up on - but I MUST get fitter!!  The end of our long cold winter always finds many of us in less than fine shape ... at least, MY shape is less than fine!

So, I've started daily early morning walking with 2 of my neighbours (and our dogs.)  No round of applause yet though, I've only been twice so far, yesterday and today, but I'm quite serious about keeping it up, and am making my resolution as public as possible to shame myself into not quitting.  My walking partners take this part of their day VERY seriously, and rain, sleet or snow they are out there - so they are great role-models.  

Today we walked 5 km ... and I am shattered.  But, chatting and walking is so much easier than walking alone, I hardly noticed how far we'd gone - until we had to walk all the way back! My leg muscles sure are chatting to me right now!

But, that just tells me how dreadfully out of shape I am ... onwards and upwards!!!

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Gumption and grit! You go girl!!

Pauline said...

I'm trying, the spirit is willing but oh my poor hips and shins!!! :-(

MollyBee said...

Way to go!