Opening ceremony tomorrow evening for the Vancouver Olympics, and this non-sport lover will be watching. No-one expects anything like the over-the-top, let's-impress-the-world extravaganza put on by China two years ago, but who will light the Olympic flame is a closely guarded secret. Amusing to read in the newspaper this morning the famous Canadians who are suspected of being chosen.
My vote would go to my absolute favourite singer/poet and all-time charmer (not to mention devout Buddhist!) Leonard Cohen ... but I'm sure it won't be him. Another name mentioned is actor Michael J. Fox who is bravely battling Parkinson disease, but not many people even know that he is Canadian. The most amusing on the prospect list was Pamela Anderson!!! Hmmm ...
My guess is that it will be Wayne Gretsky ... he's Canadian, an athlete, beloved hockey player and all-round decent person. He'll be the popular choice - no doubt about it.
1 comment:
I love that you know Cohen is a buddhist- I need to read more non fiction. Pam? must have not been a leg judge for that one ! I agree wayne a good choice too, the actors deseve it too but athlete factor bumps it up. Love your world !
Cheryl
Post a Comment