"A Muslim stonemason
who spent nearly four decades helping to restore a Roman Catholic cathedral in France has been immortalized as a gargoyle peering out from its facade, with the inscription "God is great" at its clawed feet — a move that has sparked controversy."Apparently, the group who opposes this is upset because:
1. The man is a Muslim, and has "no right to have his likeness on a Christian cathedral". (However, they didn't mind him spending 40 years using his skills to help restore this cathedral).
2. They don't like the inscription because it is Muslim. (Isn't this the same God that they pray to, and don't they think He is great?)
3. They particularly dislike the fact that the inscription is also written in Arabic (Don't they know that gargoyles originated in ancient Egypt, so Arabic is quite appropriate?)
All this anti-Muslim rubbish is really making me mad!!!
I know that both of these major religions are at fault, and no doubt Muslims would be equally upset if a Christian saying (such as "Love thy Neighbour" perhaps?) was inscribed on one of their mosques. But, people, can we not just get along???? You are praying to the SAME God!!!
Has the world gone crazy???
Must it always be thus???
1 comment:
I so totally agree with you, Pauline. Why can't we all just get along! Burning the Kuran is nothing but an act of hate. I think they should prosecute that Pastor in Florida for even thinking of burning the Kuran. I think people forget that there were also Muslims that lost their lives in the twin towers as well as other religions. I don't understand such hatred. I'm glad I don't have to carry it around as hatred must be so heavy.
Post a Comment