Monday, 20 September 2010

How Much of the World Have You Seen?













I thought I had done a fair amount of travelling until I took the Travbuddy quiz and found out I had only visited 8% of the world! Hey, I've got to get moving!

Hmmm, maybe after India we'll go to Russia, then Australia, South America, and possibly call in to see how China is coming along ... looks like a trip to Africa might be in the stars too. Looking at this map makes me realize just how much is out there that I've never seen, how many experiences I still have to encounter.

One of my favourite quotes is by the Spanish-American philosopher George Santayana (1863-1952)
He wrote:

"There is wisdom in turning as often as possible from the familiar to the unfamiliar: it keeps the mind nimble, it kills prejudice, and it fosters humour."

Hear, hear, George!

1 comment:

MollyBee said...

I have only visited 3% of the country. How sad is that. But I have seen many states in the USA. But only 3% of the world. I want to cry. I need to travel more.