Sunday, 22 May 2011

Life with Oscar ...


We are into Day Three of having Oscar in our home.

How to describe him ... he's extremely cuddly, very people oriented.  Learns very quickly - has not had any 'accidents' inside yet, and starts to whine by the door when he needs to go.  Loves to be wherever we are, will lie under our chair at the kitchen table.  Adores playing with his toys, especially if they squeak, and only cried for 10 minutes each night before sleeping peacefully until 6am ...!

How do I continue this?  It is such a boring blog ... it's one reason I've put off posting until Day 3 with Oscar.  Reading nothing but good reports is not the stuff of best sellers!

I'm under no misapprehension that Life with Oscar will continue this smoothly, I've had too many dogs to know that it won't.  But, right now, he's just so incredibly sweet, has bonded with us so quickly, and we are really enjoying his innocent young puppy days whilst they last!

However ... watch this space, for it can't possibly last! :-)

Oscar saying goodbye to mum

A very tired Oscar on his first day home



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your amazing, devoted breeder, would like you, and your followers to note that Oscar still has one brother looking for his forever home!
P.S. I am thrilled he is doing so well!

Julie said...

Hi Pauline
I just read your posts about Oscar thanks to the breeder who sent me your blog site.
I have Oscar's little sister Piper (she's in some of your pix actually), she came home yesterday, and like your lovely pup she is affectionate and cudely and just the sweetest little thing.
She's also the runt of the litter but that sure doesn't stop her.
What wonderful dogs we are fortunate to share our lives with!
Good luck with Oscar, I look forward to following his progress.

Sue said...

Welcome to our new home Oscar! I am sure you will live a long, comfortable and utterly pampered life with Pauline and Ray.
You are a very lucky little chap!

P.S. I would happily have his little brother if I lived nearer!!!

Pauline said...

Wonderful comments, thanks all - and two are a lovely surprise!

Brenda, I'm sure the forever-home will turn up soon for Oscar's brother, it's very tempting to take him ourselves! (But, then we'd be depriving someone else of the joy a 'Brenda-raised' puppy can bring!) Thanks for doing such a super job getting Oscar ready for us!

Julie, I'm so thrilled to meet you, and to know Piper is doing well also! We must stay in touch! Is she a black or blond?

Sue, as always, thank you! xox

Julie said...

Piper is in the photo where Oscar is sleeping and two of the pups are playing, she's the black one.

Would be happy to keep in touch. Maybe the dogs can have a reunion one day!

Epsilon said...

Another fantastic journey has started for you, one which is made possible time after time by man's four-legged companion. I am happy for you and wish you a wonderful "journey".

Pal

"Who can believe that there is no soul behind those luminous eyes!" ~ Theophile Gautier

Pauline said...

Pal, lovely to hear from you, and thanks for your kind words. You are so right, this IS the start of yet another journey. After Darcy died it felt like we would never want to have another dog again, now look at us!

Julie, my email address is pafield@gmail.com ... do email!