
Well, hello ... I have just returned from spending a weekend in Hamilton. Ostensibly, to be with my mother after she has just had a cancer operation (mum's fine) but, an off-shoot of this whole weekend is that my brother, Andrew, was there also and after a "few" glasses of wine last night he persuaded me to join the growing trend of keeping an Internet Blog. Before I knew it my page was set up and I was dictating to Andrew my first blog (which I quickly erased this morning because it was alcohol-induced rubbish!!)
So, here I am writing my first Blog ... I'm not sure if I will keep this up - it kind of depends on whether anyone else (besides my ever-loving brother) finds it worth reading! However, Andrew persuaded me that since I correspond with so many people around the world surely SOMEONE will want to know what is going on in my world (or, inside my head) Actually, I have never been a huge fan of Blogs, thinking that those who write them have a kind of swollen ego in thinking that others would be interested in their musings ... so, what am I doing here?
Well, let's see what happens ... I've sent you the link to this thing ... I will post as often as I am able, so please check this space often, and if you like what you see, if you feel it is worth the effort and time - please let me know!! Also, I invite your comments on anything I write - post here or email me. I will still continue to email all my wonderful epals around the world, but this space might be for something quite different.
So, let this be a warning to you all - never drink wine with your younger brother - you never know where it might lead!!!!
Until next time ....adios!
6 comments:
Wow, what a glass or two of wine can do !
Congrats Pauline, on your maiden attempt at blogging. Since I too am a novice to blogs, you may help me get introduced to it.
Hope to hear from you or blogs from you in good measure . Regards, Suri
Hi Pauline,
Well done to you then!!!I am impressed! Very nice page set-up. As you know I am not one for reading blogs but I shall make yours an exception.
I expect it to filled with interesting news and amazing facts!! You have been warned!
Hugs Vee
Way to go Pauline! I had a great time and woke with just a little headache :-) Thank you for a wonderful birthday.
Didn't a flash or two go off while we were setting this thing up? You should post one of those pics...
I was most intrigued when you told me you were blogging. I didn't know quite what to expect, but I knew that whatever you wrote was bound to be interesting. It came to me that blogging is a little like jogging, but instead of exercising your body, you are exercising your mind. And instead of body parts bouncing around, ideas and observations and opinions are being bounced off anyone who reads it. I will be checking in from time to time to see where your mind has wandered.
Thank you everyone for your encouragement! I'll try to live up to it ... Please comment if I write anything that strikes you.
Pauline,
I had great fun reading your blog. You never fail to bring a smile on a face. (can't wait till I read your account of the canal boat holiday...), Well, have a wonderful time in Wales and take care.
All the best to you from Hungary.
Pal
Post a Comment