It’s been a week since I added an entry – not good if you want to attract a loyal following to your page – I am given to understand! So, I expect by now I am talking to myself – Oh well, I’ll give it a shot, and IF anyone out there is hanging in with me (with abated breath for my next pearls of wisdom) here goes...
You may have looked at the subject heading of this entry and wondered what on earth they could have in common – well, the last two are self-explanatory, but I’ll get to them later ....
I simply cannot believe I managed to get into my 50’s before I heard the word ‘synchronicity’. The word was actually invented by the Swiss psychologist C.G. Jung in 1929, and it was he who brought the idea of “meaningful coincidence” to the public’s attention. You know, those things which happen in your life that make you say “This was just meant to happen” ... an event which has something uncanny about it, something inexplicable or wondrous ... a line of coincidences that lead you onto a new and amazing path, but as they are happening you have no idea of their connection. Only later, when reassessing how you got to this point in your life do you see the connections ... it seems that synchronistic movements are not linear, but follow a meandering path and happen spontaneously without planning or warning.
I haven’t made up my mind about the existence of an Almighty God yet, but I definitely believe in the Power of the Universe. Scientists tell us the part of our brain that we use is like the tip of an iceberg – the majority lies submerged in the waters of the unconscious. Therefore it follows that there are certainly areas of our mind that are definitely wiser than our ‘normal’ consciousness. It is this power that I believe leads us on...
Some would say “It’s the will of God”, others “It is my Destiny” to be in this place or point in my life ... still others don’t even think about it!! That brings me to the word ‘silence’.
It is in silence that our intuition has a chance to perceive what our ordinary senses cannot. Whenever I had big decisions to make in my life my intuition has never guided me wrong! It tells me absolutely which action or path feels right and which one feels wrong. It is only when we allow our conscious brain to ‘kick in’ and start to analyze the decision that everything gets thrown out of kilter. The trouble is I only started totally trusting my intuition in the latter part of my life!!! Think of all the wasted worry I caused myself – pondering this or that – and eventually doing what my intuition told me to in the first place!
Sometimes negative events don’t seem to have any rhyme not reason – they hurt, it’s painful and scary. But, sometimes it is necessary to pass through these events in order to attain the changes your life needs. We must try to remain silent ... to listen ... to wait ... to adopt “active passivity” and allow order to arise from what seems like chaos - because it will.
However, how can one enjoy the silence of the night when one’s spouse snores the night away just two feet from you???? (He has a cold right now, and if anyone can tell me how to deal with this I’d be eternally grateful!!) Because, my ‘active passivity’ is wearing thin!!!
Until next time – bye!
4 comments:
Just had to check out your latest blog entry after you mentioned it in your message this morning. I seem to have managed to follow my intuition through much of my life, and I would say I was quite proficient at "active passivity". However, I have always wondered if my laid back approach to what is around the next corner in life is that profound, or is it just plain old procrastination! As for regaining your "active passivity" in the presence of a snoring husband, all I can suggest is sleeping in another room!
Ah, no, Sonja, there's a world of difference between "active passivity" and "procrastination" - that's where the word 'active' comes in! Here you are watching and waiting for clues whilst getting on with your life and sending out 'good causes' meanwhile, but taking advantage of opportunities when they arrive ... good old 'procrastination' (something I know VERY well!!)is simply passive, doing nothing. Get my drift??
Synchronicity is a great word – philosophy and event! At my graduation the speaker (can’t remember her name) spoke at length about synchronicity and synchronous events. It was soooooo appropriate for a university graduation speech. Since graduating and living a little, I believe in it even more. The saying “god opens a window when he closes a door” works for me (as long as ‘god’ is defined as fate).
P.S., don’t worry about the frequency of posting – there are no rules to blogging. I would encourage everyone to sign up for a blogines.com and subscribe to your blog so that you will be notified when a new post exists (no checking to see what’s new all the time).
Post a Comment