There used to be a satirical show on British television called "That Was the Week That Was" (it was very politically and socially biting, as only the Brits can do), and as I look back over this past week, the introduction tune to that long-ago show goes through my mind ... "That was the week, that was, it's over, let it go" ... and that is kind of how I feel today regarding my diet so far.
Yikes, 5 full days of only eating protein! But, I have lost 7 lbs and today I enter the second part called the 'Cruise Phase', and from now on I eat vegetables and protein one day, and only protein the next, + the ever-present oat bran and gallons of drinking water - until I reach my target weight, which I estimate to be May. Never, I mean NEVER, did a piece of crunchy broccoli and squishy tomato taste so good! My lettuce was sublime ... the home-made dressing ravishing.
My appetite has disappeared, which apparently is expected on the Dukan diet, but I also don't feel any more cravings for sugar or even wine (I know ... I can't believe it, either!) Ray actually ate a bowl of ice cream in front of me last night and I didn't care - as I munched away on my steak plus a ham omelet (made only with egg whites, of course :-)

So, while I'm thrilled to be 7lbs lighter, and just as committed to the diet, it's a little bit like giving birth - the end product is great, but I wouldn't want to do it every week, thank you!
Yikes, 5 full days of only eating protein! But, I have lost 7 lbs and today I enter the second part called the 'Cruise Phase', and from now on I eat vegetables and protein one day, and only protein the next, + the ever-present oat bran and gallons of drinking water - until I reach my target weight, which I estimate to be May. Never, I mean NEVER, did a piece of crunchy broccoli and squishy tomato taste so good! My lettuce was sublime ... the home-made dressing ravishing. My appetite has disappeared, which apparently is expected on the Dukan diet, but I also don't feel any more cravings for sugar or even wine (I know ... I can't believe it, either!) Ray actually ate a bowl of ice cream in front of me last night and I didn't care - as I munched away on my steak plus a ham omelet (made only with egg whites, of course :-)

So, while I'm thrilled to be 7lbs lighter, and just as committed to the diet, it's a little bit like giving birth - the end product is great, but I wouldn't want to do it every week, thank you!
3 comments:
Atta a girl ! you are my heroine ! Stashed cookies and now face to face ice cream ? you are a winner !!!!
Not yet!!! Those 7 could go back on by just looking at a Boston Cream!! But, I really am motivated Cheryl, I hope I can stick with it. :-(
Well done. I am watching your progress with a great deal of interest.
Post a Comment