Saturday, 26 November 2011

8 Months Today

To celebrate Oscar's survival to 8 months, we took him to the groomer for the first time.  He was NOT impressed - and, frankly, neither were we!  I asked for a light trim all over and she scalped his sweet funky-looking face!  But, it will grow, and he is just happy to have it over with.

Even though you look like a werewolf, we still love you Oscar (and can't imagine life without you!)





4 comments:

Sue said...

Yes it will grow but he must smell gorgeous!

Magnus will be 9 months on the 5th December and still eating the house! It is driving me nuts, but I love him so much, I just take a deep breath and tell myself that her won't behave like this for ever.......or at least, I hope he won't!!!

Pauline said...

Oh Sue, the chewing (eating??) must be so upsetting! Have you spoken to your vet? Try the can of pennies if you catch him at it, that might work. You are home with him all day so it isn't loneliness. Are you feeding him??? Just kidding ... hang in, smile, and hopefully he'll grow out of it. And, yes, Oscar does smell lovely now (for a while :-)

MollyBee said...

Sue, since I can't send you a message, I am doing it through Pauline.
Most chewing is from teething or boredom. Make sure Magnus has plenty to chew on (toys and rawhide chews that she likes) and is getting a lot of exercise.
We have taken care of foster puppies/dogs for quite some time now and have not had a "chewer" yet. But they do get a lot of exercise and have a whole basket of toys and chews.
Good Luck with Magnus.

Sue said...

MollyBee...thank you for taking the time to comment. Magnus has plenty of toys, chews etc. He gets walked every day. He is eating, (and I mean EATING) the house, so far two large holes in the carpet and two large holes in a wall. I have no house plants left, he has eaten them all. I can't leave so much as a tissue in a waste bin or he will eat it. He eats EVERYTHING.....stones, pine cones, cigarette lighters (used for candles) and he would eat the candles as well if he could reach them. I am seriously considering putting him in kennels for a day or two so that I can catch up domestically,i.e., dentist, hairdresser, getting new tyres on the car etc. I love him to bits and could NOT EVER consider rehoming him, but he is only part of my life and not the whole of my life and, at the moment, he totally dominates my entire life. I fel terribly sorry for wee Kizzie (my cat) as she has totally drawn the short straw and I have to let her sleep with me at night just for a bit of peace and quiet. I live alone, it would be a lot easier if I had somebody to share 'doggy' duties with me! Another thing is that he is a Houdini. He does the limbo under gates, climbs over fences etc., no excuse as I have over an acre of garden here. Luckily I have very tolerant neighbours. Thank goodness I didn't get rid of the crate. It is my only saviour!!!