When we were in India earlier this year, Ray surprised me with a Star Ruby gemstone that he bought at a local Rajasthani jeweller . Not being very knowledgeable
about these things, I didn't fully appreciate the full monetary value of this lovely gift. However, I certainly appreciated the emotional value of it, and am thrilled to wear it.
A Star Ruby is said to "pep up internal strength, ward off tensions, de-stress the mind and drive away stress related problems like migraine, insomnia, and hysteria." Maybe that's why I've been feeling so great recently!
Most probably though, it's because of the fabulous weekend we just had whilst celebrating our 40th (ruby) wedding anniversary. Our family had suggested organizing a party, but I really didn't want that. Just all come, I told them, that's enough. But, then I had a brilliant idea - let's hire a photographer and get some great family pictures taken!! They all loved that idea - plus it got them off the hook for trying to decide what to give us - and last Friday Liz the photographer came and spent almost two hours snapping off hundreds of pictures of us all.
I usually don't like having my photograph taken (it reminds me that I should lose weight!) so, although I was excited about getting some good photographs of the family, part of me wished I didn't have to be in them! But, dear Alexandra pampered me by making my face look almost beautiful with all her magic powders and creams ... I did feel special. Then, Liz was wonderful at making us all feel quite relaxed, and I started to have fun!
What a wonderful celebration of 40 years! But, my goodness ... 40 years?? How can that be? Didn't I only just meet that shy, young, handsome man over in England? Didn't we only just get married? Start our family?
I watch my own grown children rushing through their lives, busy every second, and I want to scream at them, "SLOW DOWN!" Enjoy the moment ... take some time for each other ... before you know it you'll be buying each other rubies and wondering what happened to all that time! Hopefully, when that point in their lives comes, they will also be able to look around with shining eyes at their family - all grown up, laughing and joking with each other, enjoying each others company ... and hopefully, like us, they'll know that they have done something right during those 40 years.
about these things, I didn't fully appreciate the full monetary value of this lovely gift. However, I certainly appreciated the emotional value of it, and am thrilled to wear it.A Star Ruby is said to "pep up internal strength, ward off tensions, de-stress the mind and drive away stress related problems like migraine, insomnia, and hysteria." Maybe that's why I've been feeling so great recently!
Most probably though, it's because of the fabulous weekend we just had whilst celebrating our 40th (ruby) wedding anniversary. Our family had suggested organizing a party, but I really didn't want that. Just all come, I told them, that's enough. But, then I had a brilliant idea - let's hire a photographer and get some great family pictures taken!! They all loved that idea - plus it got them off the hook for trying to decide what to give us - and last Friday Liz the photographer came and spent almost two hours snapping off hundreds of pictures of us all.
I usually don't like having my photograph taken (it reminds me that I should lose weight!) so, although I was excited about getting some good photographs of the family, part of me wished I didn't have to be in them! But, dear Alexandra pampered me by making my face look almost beautiful with all her magic powders and creams ... I did feel special. Then, Liz was wonderful at making us all feel quite relaxed, and I started to have fun!
What a wonderful celebration of 40 years! But, my goodness ... 40 years?? How can that be? Didn't I only just meet that shy, young, handsome man over in England? Didn't we only just get married? Start our family?
I watch my own grown children rushing through their lives, busy every second, and I want to scream at them, "SLOW DOWN!" Enjoy the moment ... take some time for each other ... before you know it you'll be buying each other rubies and wondering what happened to all that time! Hopefully, when that point in their lives comes, they will also be able to look around with shining eyes at their family - all grown up, laughing and joking with each other, enjoying each others company ... and hopefully, like us, they'll know that they have done something right during those 40 years.
Happy 40th Anniversary Ray!

3 comments:
Aaw - you are both so lucky!
Thanks Sue xo
Beautiful post. Congratulations on the ruby anniversary!
Post a Comment