Wednesday, 13 April 2011

A Quiet House ...

It's been over a month since our dear Darcy died, and the house is soooo quiet I can hardly stand it!  Ray and I agreed to wait a while before getting another dog, and that seemed a smart idea.  But, when in our lives together did we ever choose smart??

So ... I've been looking at puppies online.  Worse mistake!  They are ALL so adorable, of course.  Nature makes baby animals this way so they will be nurtured by the adults in their lives ... maybe, I need something to nurture?

It's a 15 year commitment, I realize that.  But, the house is so quiet since Darcy left us.  Not that she was even noisy, she wasn't!  But, but ... somehow something is missing.

However, I have to admit I DO like the lack of dog hair in the house, and the lack of doggy smell (saving me a fortune on perfumed candles to cover up doggy smells!)  But, doodle dogs don't shed, or at least, not much.  Plus, they are not supposed to smell as much.  So, I've been looking at Labradoodles.  Big scruffy looking beasts, with hair sticking out all over the place, (like me when I first get up  in the morning, only cuter!)

I'll tell you a secret ... we're going to look at a 2 week old litter later today!!!!  Shhhhh!

1 comment:

Sue said...

A friend of mine has two Labradoodles and Brodie and I go for walks with them sometimes. They are very lively and look totally different. One is as you describe, and the other is smaller, straight hair etc. I don't know if they smell better or not. I can't comment on that.
Good luck with whatever you choose. Now the fun bit of choosing a name!
Getting another dog is the greatest compliment you can pay to Darcy. I am sure she will approve.