Just returned from my weekly yoga class, and my whole body, from the tip of my head to my toes is whispering thank you, thank you!
Why is it we often don't know what we are missing until we find it again?
I haven't been to yoga since before Ray's operation, almost 2 months. Driving him around and with Christmas stuff to do I didn't put out enough effort to get to class. But, as soon as we started into the stretches this morning my body sighed with recognition and joy and I realized then that this was what it had been needing.
Maybe I'm just thick, but it's the same with getting outside for a lovely long walk. I look out the window and think "Nope, way too cold, takes too much effort", but if I shut my mind off, and force myself, it feels great to be striding out through the countryside breathing the crisp, cold air.
I don't think my brain is my best friend ...
Bye for now!
2 comments:
I know that feeling. Sometimes we just have to force ourselves to have fun.LOL
To comment about walks in all kinds of weather:
I have my dog to lodge an appeal to my mind's first-instance verdict ... ;-)
I like your last line.
Pal
Post a Comment