
Yes, it happened. I knew it would. We found a house in Ottawa which we absolutely fell in love with and which is absolutely perfect for us.
We spent all day Saturday being driven around by a Realtor looking at 12 houses which she had chosen based on a criteria list we had given to her. Most were nice homes, but the properties weren't quite what we were looking for ... too close to other homes, or not enough trees, or we could hear traffic on the highway, or the house was too big or too dark. Then, on number 8 or 9 we saw it. A perfect little bungalow, on 13 acres of wooded property. It has 3 bedrooms, a beautiful bright kitchen and dining area, a bright living room, and (what Ray was looking for) a full, unfinished basement which he can design and finish as he likes.
It is exactly 30 mins from #1 son's front door, and 40 mins to downtown Ottawa - perfect!! Only 10 mins. from the highway, but you cannot hear any traffic, and only 12 mins from a small town for groceries etc - perfect!
Yes, it's perfect. The only problem is we still have to sell this property we are living on. I knew this would happen ... (the Realtor comes tomorrow to appraise our present home.) But, it was a lovely weekend with the family, especially when our two sons and their families came with us on Sunday morning as we returned for a second look at the bungalow - what excitement, with our little grand-daughter excitedly running around yelling, "Which room will I sleep in Gran?" Everyone agreed it was perfect for us ... but, there is still the 'small' problem of the seller accepting our offer, not to mention us selling this place!
So, the "fun" begins. I don't want to wish my life away, but I wish I could fast-forward it over the next six months. It's so exciting, and so scary at the same time - so many unknowns!
Until next time, bye for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment