At a discussion meeting I attended the other evening, the topic was "An Attitude of Gratitude" ... the essence of which was that "the quality of our life is the result of where we focus
our attention ... when there is harmony in the mind, there is harmony and balance in the body." We've all heard this before, but the message bears repeating.The newest book to hit the masses and causing a sensation is "Secrets" - everyone seems to be reading it - and it is simply all about the power of positive thinking. A great concept at any time, but I think it's a pity that the author focused so much on the "consumer items" that positive thinking can bring into one's life, but I guess that sells books!
More interesting, to my mind, is the amazing book "Hidden Messages in Water" by the Japanese researcher Masaru Emoto. His research has visually captured, through high-speed photography, the structure of water at the moment of freezing. In these fantastic pictures he has demonstrated the direct consequences of destructive thoughts versus the thoughts of gratitude and love. If you have never seen these photographs check out this link - you'll be amazed!
http://www.life-enthusiast.com/twilight/research_emoto.htm
Remember whilst looking at the images, that the human body is 70% water ...
Bye for now!
2 comments:
Pauline…. Prince Charles was ridiculed for that statement; true, but he was also still under the shade of other comments he made to and about Camilla… anyway, I don’t think you are nuts. I think plants are “living” and all living things need nutrients, caring, and attention. I don’t necessarily talk out loud to my plants, but I do “care” about them and I think that care helps them.
BTW, I like your blog a lot. I enjoy reading your posts. Congratulations on it again.
Interestingly enough, my friends and I were discussing "The Secret" over coffee at Tim Horton's this morning. We were of the same opinion in regards to the emphasis on consumer items. We felt that attaining harmony of the body and mind was more important, and that the rest would fall into place. There is no arguing with the power of positive thinking though, or to look at it the opposite way, negativity breeds negativity. I think we have all met people who never have one good thing to say and nothing every goes right for them. I did check out the link to the work of Masaru Emoto as well. Fascinating! Who would have thought that music and the written word would have such an effect on water. The implications of this really are mind boggling--can we really influence the purity of our water by our thoughts?!
I must also comment, Pauline, that I look forward to the new postings on your blog!
Post a Comment