
I shared this title with a friend who also happens to be an avid gardener (not sure if she's into gin and tonic, but I know she's very fond of red wine!) and she loved the title so much she ordered the book. So, who said a good title doesn't boost sales???
Anyway, what this book is about is attitude, not just about gardens, but towards life. Wells has come to the conclusion that perfection, botanical or otherwise, is not the goal. Enjoyment is. Endurance is. The first line of her Introduction says, "When my mother was trying to be tactful, she called me a relaxed housekeeper." Yes!! Another relaxed housekeeper, and she likes gin and tonic, plus a relaxed garden - this is my kind of woman!!
So, as I head out to watch my weeds growing on top of each other, I'll just pour another drink and consider buying another of her books entitled "Definitely Not Martha Stewart". You've gotta love it!!!
4 comments:
I know what you mean!
Weeds are ony wild flowers.
A pity Martha Stewart can't spell though. A pet hate of mine is "definately" when it should be "definitely".
Ooops, the spelling mistake is mine ... thanks for pointing it out!
YAY!!!!! Your back in form
I missed your blog Maybe gin is a cure for what ails us, if so, the line up for treatment will be long.
Definitely NOT Martha Stewart, that's me. I am also a relaxed housekeeper. I'm thinking that means clean, but not perfection. I, too, am a gin and tonic person. I also squeeze in a Margarita from time to time.
Post a Comment