Friday, 22 May 2009

Last Blog Entry from Old Man's Lake!


We leave for our new home in rural Ottawa in 3 more days ... and at times I thought this day would never arrive!!

What a journey this whole thing has been. From deciding to move in January, to finding (and buying!) our lovely new bungalow in February, to totally de-cluttering our cluttered home and finishing/painting all the bits still left to do throughout March, to listing it in April and actually selling it in one week!! Now comes May, and we've been boxing up our belongings over the last few weeks ... saying goodbye to the wonderful friends we've made here, and trying to come to terms with the whirlwind 5 months we've just lived through!

Yes, there have been moments when we've looked at each other and asked "Are we doing the right thing?" Especially when the snow finally all thawed in April and my multitude of daffodils started to bloom. But, they have now been followed by the 'dreaded biting blackflies' which swarm around you, crawl in your ears and down your shirt, and are not repelled by anything you put on your skin! They are now joined by buzzing mosquitoes ... yes, we are REALLY ready to move!

I am SO excited to begin all the new experiences awaiting us in our new home, and I will try to write here about them, and my reactions to living closer to the capital city of Canada ... so, check back often!

Earlier this week our 6 year old granddaughter phoned and when I answered I heard this plaintive little voice ask, "How many more sleeps until you move closer to us Gran?"

Oh yes, I am really looking forward to it all!!!

No comments: